DEENA CHRISTINE ARTIST/OWNER
DEENA CHRISTINE ARTIST/OWNER
Lifelike reborn baby dolls at Wag-n-Wil Nursery are hand-crafted to be enjoyed for many years to come. After your baby’s flight, he will be exhausted from the handling of the flight attendants. You can “kneed” the body of the baby in case he/she has been packed in one area.
Careful handling, storage and maintenance will keep your baby looking as beautiful and lifelike as the day he or she was first "reborn."
Lifelike baby dolls are content to live anywhere in your home. Some even sleep in mommy's bed. Others have their own bassinets or cribs. Still others may sit on a shelf or in a glass case with many other beautiful dolls. If you choose to keep you baby in a packaging box, use an acid free box and packing papers.
To keep your baby stays safe from damage, follow these tips:
· Avoid direct sunlight. While your baby may look lovely sitting in the window, excessive sunlight will fade baby's delicate painting, hair color and clothing.
· Avoid extreme heat. You should never leave a real baby in the backseat of a hot car. Your doll baby will not appreciate that either. Vinyl softens when heated, which may warp or even melt your doll.
· Avoid extreme cold. Babies stored in cold garages, basements or storage facilities may crack when they get too cold. If the baby must be in storage, make sure baby is well packaged in a box in a climate-controlled area like a closet or under the bed.
· Avoid highly pigmented objects. Vinyl is easily stained by strong dyes and inks. Please keep the baby from encountering items such as: bright colored fabrics, colored paper, newspaper, untreated painted surfaces, markers, colored pencils, crayons, etc... Also be careful handling the baby as the nail polish on your hands, makeup on your face and dye in your hair can also stain vinyl.
· Keep out of the reach of pets. Even a well-trained puppy may not be able to resist the urge to nibble on your baby.
Supervise small children.
Reborn babies are not intended for children. They are not a toy.
A small child will treat your baby like she would any of her other dolls. Rough playing could scratch the painting and potentially soil or tear the cloth body. Always supervise your baby when in the presence of small children. If your little wants a lifelike baby of her own, Wag-n-Wil Nursery creates affordable lifelike babies for children over age 10!
Cleaning the Baby
· Each Custom Doll Baby is created from soft vinyl and a cuddly doe suede body.
· If any dirt or residue gets on the vinyl parts, these can be wiped away with a damp washcloth. A very small amount of baby wash or mild dish soap will help lather away stubborn stains. Avoid scrubbing as this may damage the painting. Do not wet or submerge the cloth body. Towel blot to dry
· If the cloth body is dirty, clean it as you would a teddy bear. Use a damp cloth to wipe away stains. Try not to wet the stuffing. Allow to dry completely.
· If the baby is extremely dirty, because your two-year-old was teaching the baby how to make mud pies, consider sending the baby back to the artist for a replacement body, fresh stuffing and a thorough cleaning.
If your baby has a pacifier, he or she is probably outfitted with two very powerful magnets. High-powered neodymium magnets are not safe around individuals with hearing aids, pacemakers, or metal implants. Also avoid exposing the magnets to cell phones, tablets, computers or external hard drives as magnets may damage these devices.